Since 2006, I have been designing and building costumes for theatrical productions on Cape Cod. My first full show was Sullivan & Gilbert by (read review here). I am particularly proud of this project as it entailed costuming vignettes from several Gilbert and Sullivan operettas in addition to the period costumes for each character.
Sullivan & Gilbert was just the beginning of my costuming experiences. I have costumed period and contemporary, children’s and adult shows in theaters across the Cape.
The collaborative nature of theater is very energizing for me. I have had the great good fortune to work with many talented directors, designers, crew and casts. I have no doubt that their work has elevated mine.
One of the unexpected pleasures of these projects has been the recognition I have received in the press for my work. Reviews for many of the productions are included here as well.
Beginning in 2012, I have been working freelance, overhire and staff positions in professional costume shops as a stitcher & as a draper. I have also been accepting commissions from individual performers.
Couture construction techniques
- Boston Ballet - Assistant Draper/Stitcher
- New England Conservatory - Draper/Tailor - Turn of the Screw - Katherine Stebbins, Designer
- Santa Fe Opera - Stitcher
- Boston Ballet - Stitcher - Nutcracker - Robert Perdziola, Designer
- The Provincetown Theater - A Perfect Ganesh
- The Producers Club, NYC - The Weight of Water
- David Drake - Tawney Heatherton
- Michael Steers - Anita Coctail
- The Provincetown Theater - The Weight of Water
- The Provincetown Theater - Art
- The Provincetown Theater - Sleeping Indoors
- The Provincetown Theater - First Dance
- Cotuit Center for the Arts - Dark of the Moon
- The Provincetown Theater for The Provincetown Tennessee Williams Festival - Diff’rent
- Harwich Junior Theater - Pippi Longstocking
- Eventide Arts - Master Class
- Cotuit Center for the Arts - Treasure Island
- Chatham Drama Guild - Hats
- The Provincetown Theater - Child’s Christmas in Wales/The Gift of the Magi
- Harwich Junior Theater - Pinocchio
- Cotuit Center for the Arts - Much Ado About Nothing
- The Provincetown Theater/ CTEK Arts - Our Town
- Falmouth Theater Guild - Cabaret
- Cotuit Center for the Arts - Sullivan & Gilbert
- Avon Products - Patternmaker
- International Women's Apparel Group – Spec Technician/Patternmaker
- Fashion Institute of Technology - Associates Degree – Patternmaking Technology